Hoy Gravestone Details
There are two HOY family gravestones in the small graveyard of
the village of Barkway. The graves are adjacent and have the following
|loving memory of||loving memory of|
|Thomas Hoy||Martha Andrews|
|Born April 20 1817||Daughter of the late |
|Died February 6th 1898||Thomas & Martha Hoy|
|died Dec 15, 1914|
|Also of Martha||Aged 67 years.|
|beloved wife of the above |
|who fell asleep in Jesus |
|March 9th 19112|
|Aged 97 years|
Great Chishill, Essex
The graveyard of St. Swithun's church has several HOY graves grouped together
close to the church door. The details are as follows :
- Phoebe Elizabeth Hoy. Born March 4th 1850, died April 17th 1929
also her sister, Isabella Ann Hoy. Born 26th May 1854, died April 5th 1931.
- Mary Jane Hoy. Born 5th March 1846, died 5th December 1933
also her sister, Ann. Born 14 September 1856, died 26th July 1944
- Susan Hoy, died July 28th 1860 aged 18 years.
- Ann Hoy died April 21st 1889 in the 73rd year of her age.
Also of William Hoy, died 16th January 1901 aged 82.
- Agnes Mary Ann (wife of William Hoy of Royston), born 11th January 1863, died 21th January 1915.
also William Hoy, born 9th January 1855, died 9th June 1925.
- Henry Hoy, died 8th July 1922 aged 63
his wife, Florence Dinah, died 25 March 1938 aged 76.